Monday, March 31, 2008

Matthew 5 : 11-12


"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you

Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ.

Situations will not be same all the time and it will also not be like how we want it to be at all time.There will be times we go through storms in life. This is something I have learnt in my ministry and leadership.

There was a day when i attended aDistrict Confernce 3 years ago. As the time came for me to present the MYF plans for the year, I was basically shot with many kind of questions and remarks that made me really really hurt. People were so cruel in the questions and also I was standing helpless which even my dad who was at the meeting felt this was something I don't deserve. I was even directly forced and preassured to cancel all the programmes the youths have planned for the year. As I was being cornered left & right, it came to a time where I just wanted to throw my file and walk out of the meeting(which i actually peacefully did after presenting my plans). I just thank God for the level of patience He gave me.
Guess what guys, after leaving the meeting I was so lost and didn't know what to do until I just started the car, fetched my friend in Sunway and headed straight to the Shah Alam stadium to watch Selangor play Kelantan TNB. You see I can even remember the two teams which played..ha ha ha


Here is where my testimony starts.
I reached home late at night just to avoid seing my parents. This was because I didn't know how to face them and I felt so embarassed. My parents know the way I sacrifice things for ministry. When I slowly drove in and parked the car, next thing I see my mom opening the door and my dad had just slept after waiting for my return since 10pm. The only question my mom asked me in tamil was "ITHU UNAKKU THEVEI YAA??" which means "Do You Deserve This??"..I clearly saw the disapointment & sadness in her face. I just found it very difficult to accept the situation.
I just walked pass her silently, went n took my bath and just got into the room and locked the door. The only thing i knew was I just went on my knees and tears just started flowing non-stop. I didn't know what to pray and how to pray at that situation. I just said "God is this why you called me for??"..I just don't know how to explain to you all..After praying for a while I just slept off.


The next day morning I woke up and read the Daily Bread's passage for the day and it was from Matthew 5 : 11-12. When I read the passage i began to feel a kind of peace coming into me. When I started praying I just felt I was being filled with a different kind of power and all the disapointments, sadness, sorrow, pain just left me. I felt a new GRACE of God filling me. After saying the word "AMEN" I just stood up, took my handphone and just smsed all those who called and encouraged me since the last night. I just said "THANK YOU FOR BEING VERY ENCOURAGING & I AM UP AGAIN..."

The next thing I made sure was, whatever we planned went on well and beyond expectations. God is really Good. He set me free from sadness, sorrow-etc as His words say "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
God will never let you down when you are thuthful to HIM.
Wow God is good.


I am not writing this expecting sympathy. I just want all of you to increase your
faith that in whatever situation, God is in Control. Just trust Him and he will lead you.

No comments: